Last updated: December 27, 2022
Support for verifying your Brave Rewards profile by connecting a custodial account may vary according to region and custodial account provider. Currently, Brave Rewards supports accounts from the following custodial account providers:
You can find a list of the countries supported for each custodial account provider below. Please note that this list can, and does, change over time. If your region is currently not supported for connecting to Brave Rewards, it may become supported in the future.
📌 For connecting a custodial account to your Brave Creators account, see this support article.
Connecting an Uphold account to Brave Rewards is available for Uphold accounts registered in the following countries:
- Cayman Islands
- Colombia *
- Costa Rica
- Czechia (Czech Republic)
- Ecuador *
- Hong Kong
- Jamaica *
- New Zealand
- Nicaragua *
- South Africa
- Türkiye *
- United Kingdom
- United States (excluding New York state)
* Uphold no longer offering new accounts in regions marked with *
You can also find a list of regions that Uphold does not service, here.
- United States (including New York state)
Gemini is only available for Brave Rewards users in the United States. Please see the post on our Community website for more information.
bitFlyer is only available for Brave Rewards users in Japan, and will only be visible as an option for users in Japan.
How is the country of my custodial account determined?
In general, your account country is determined by the ID documents you used during ID verification with your selected custodian. For example:
- If you used a driver's license or passport from the United States when registering with Uphold, then your custodial account country will be "United States" (US).
- If you used a driver's license or passport from Canada, then your custodial account's country will be Canada (CA).