Last updated: September 5, 2023
Brave Rewards and Brave Creators currently supports accounts from the following providers:
- Uphold (Multiple countries, see below)
- Gemini (Temporarily unavailable)
- bitFlyer (Japan only)
- ZebPay (India only)
Note: Brave Creators allows you to connect a custodial account from unsupported regions, but you will only appear as a Verified Creator once your region is supported. Learn more.
List of supported regions
Please note that this list can and does change over time. If your region is currently not supported for connecting to Brave Rewards, it may become supported in the future.
- Cayman Islands
- Colombia *
- Costa Rica
- Czechia (Czech Republic)
- Ecuador *
- Hong Kong
- Jamaica *
- New Zealand
- Nicaragua *
- South Africa
- Türkiye *
- United Kingdom
- United States (excluding New York state)
* Uphold no longer offering new accounts in regions marked with *
You can also find a list of regions that Uphold does not service, here.
Gemini is temporarily unavailable.
Note that the ZebPay option will only appear if the country you selected for Brave Rewards is Japan.
Note that the ZebPay option will only appear if the country you selected for Brave Rewards is India. You can change your Brave Rewards country by resetting Brave Rewards, and then selecting another country. If you're unable to reset for some reason, please reach out to support.
How is the country of my custodial account determined?
In general, your account country is determined by the country of the ID documents you used during ID verification with your selected account provider. For example:
- If you used a driver's license or passport from the United States when registering with Uphold, then your custodial account country will be "United States" (US).
- If you used a driver's license or passport from Canada, then your custodial account's country will be Canada (CA).