List of supported regions for connecting a custodial account to Brave Rewards and Brave Creators Follow
Last updated: February 14, 2023
Support for connecting a custodial account to Brave Rewards and Brave Creators varies by region.
Brave Rewards and Brave Creators supports custodial accounts from the following providers:
Note: Brave Creators allows you to connect a custodial account from unsupported regions, but you will only appear as a Verified Creator once your region is supported. Learn more.
List of supported regions
Please note that this list can and does change over time. If your region is currently not supported for connecting to Brave Rewards, it may become supported in the future.
Connecting an Uphold account to Brave Rewards and Brave Creators is available for Uphold accounts registered in the following countries:
- Cayman Islands
- Colombia *
- Costa Rica
- Czechia (Czech Republic)
- Ecuador *
- Hong Kong
- Jamaica *
- New Zealand
- Nicaragua *
- South Africa
- Türkiye *
- United Kingdom
- United States (excluding New York state)
* Uphold no longer offering new accounts in regions marked with *
You can also find a list of regions that Uphold does not service, here.
- United States (including New York state)
Gemini is only available for Brave Rewards users in the United States. Please see the post on our Community website for more information.
bitFlyer is only available for Brave Rewards users in Japan, and will only be visible as an option for users in Japan.
How is the country of my custodial account determined?
In general, your account country is determined by the ID documents you used during ID verification with your selected custodian. For example:
- If you used a driver's license or passport from the United States when registering with Uphold, then your custodial account country will be "United States" (US).
- If you used a driver's license or passport from Canada, then your custodial account's country will be Canada (CA).