Brave Sidebar allows users to customize their browsing experience from a single panel, located on the side of the browser window.
How do I enable Sidebar?
Brave Sidebar can be enabled in main menu of the browser as well as in
--> Appearance --> Sidebar:
(Enable side bar using main menu)
(Enable side bar in Settings)
The browser can be set to display Sidebar in two different modes:
- Always - This mode will display the sidebar on the left side of the browser at all times for quick and easy access to any items added to it.
- On mouseover - This mode will display the Sidebar only when the cursor is moved to the left side of the browser window. When moved away, the Sidebar will disappear until you move the cursor back to the left side of the browser window again.
- Never - This essentially disables Sidebar and it will not show until one of the above modes is selected.
How do I customize items on the Sidebar?
Brave Sidebar has three shortcut options enabled by default (listed from top to bottom):
- Brave Talk - This shortcut takes you to talk.brave.com to quickly start a meeting.
- Brave Wallet - This shortcut allows easy access to your Brave Wallet.
- Bookmarks - The Bookmarks shortcut actually opens an additional panel, allowing you to easily open, organize or edit your bookmarks without having to leave the screen you're on. Right-click on any bookmark item to edit, rename, add or remove your bookmarks:
To add new items to the Sidebar:
- Visit the site or page you would like to add
- Click the + icon on the sidebar — you will see the
Add to Sidebarpop-up:
- Click on the site name that appears and the site will be added to the Sidebar for quick access:
To remove items from the Sidebar:
To remove any sites or pages on your Sidebar, simply right-click on the icon and select
To arrange items on the Sidebar:
Simply click and drag icons up or down on the sidebar to organize them to your liking: