Brave playlist allows users to access video and audio content from their preferred platforms in one feed, directly in the browser. In Playlist, users can add audio/video content from:
You can open playlist by tapping
Main menu --> Playlist
Adding and rearranging Playlist content
There are several ways to add content to your Playlist:
- On sites compatible with Playlist (like youtube.com), you will see a prompt appear at the bottom of the browser. Tap this prompt in the address bar to add the content you're viewing to Playlist.
- Long-pressing on a video or audio file will display an
Add to Brave Playlistoption.
- Content can be added via the in-browser menu
(Menu --> Add to Brave Playlist)
Newly added items appear at the top of the list. You can rearrange items in your playlist by long-pressing on the item and dragging it to it's desired position. To remove an item from Playlist, simply swipe left or right (depending on where the side bar is positioned) on the item and tap the trash can icon.
By default, Playlist content will be added to your device, but you can also opt to stream the content instead. Note that media files are added anonymously and cookie requests are not sent with the Playlist request.
To play content in your playlist, simply tap on the media you wish to play. The player features standard playback controls:
- Play / Pause
- Skip forward and backward 15 seconds
- Play the item at a faster/slower speed
- Skip to the next item
- Turn on picture in picture mode (iOS 14+ only)
- View content in full screen (double tap)
Videos will play in the background and continue to play, even if you navigate away or minimize Brave.
You can adjust several Playlist settings by going to
Menu --> Settings -->
- Enable/Disable automatic Add to Playlist prompt
- Enable/Disable Playlist autoplay
- Set Playlist to automatically add content to device or stream it
- Enable/Disable Playlist from picking up where you last left off when Playlist was open
- Change where the sidebar appears
- Web compatibility (enables/disables WebKit MediaSource API - iPad devices only)
- Reset Playlist (restore default settings, clears added content)