Given the changes to Rewards on iOS, we've added a one-time transfer option available for iOS users that will move any BAT held in the browser wallet on their iOS device to another browser wallet on Brave Desktop. Once the transfer is completed the option will not be available again. Note that this transfer will simply add the balance from your iOS wallet to your balance in your Desktop wallet and can be done with or without a Verified wallet.
To perform a one-time transfer of BAT from iOS to Desktop:
- On your iOS device, tap the BAT icon to open the Rewards panel. Alternatively, you can go to
Menu --> Settings --> Brave Rewards.
- Here, tap the
Legacy Wallet Transferoption to initiate the transfer. Doing so will launch a QR code scanner.
- With the QR code scanner ready on your iOS device, open your Brave desktop installation on your preferred OS -- the wallet here will be the target for the transfer.
- In the Brave Desktop browser, go to
Menu --> Brave Rewards(you may also simply type
brave://rewardsinto the address bar.
- Click the QR Code option to display the QR code to be scanned.
- Scan the code presented on Desktop with your iOS device.
Once scanned, a Balance Transfer notification will display on your iOS device. When the transfer is complete, the funds from your iOS wallet will be auto-claimed as a "legacy grant" on your desktop browser and the BAT will added to the wallet.
Still have questions?
If you would like to request further assistance, get more information or this article didn't address your issue, please reach out to us on our Brave Community website.