How Do I Verify My Uphold/Gemini Account? Follow
Verifying your Uphold or Gemini account means performing ID-verification (or "KYC") for your Uphold or Gemini account. Note that the ID verification process with Uphold or Gemini is independent of Brave, and is handled by the custodian.
To verify your Uphold account, follow the steps below:
- Go to Uphold.com and click
- Enter your current residential address
- Take a clear photo of your valid government photo ID. This could be a passport, national ID card or driver's license (make sure your document is valid for another 3 months)
- Take a selfie of your face
- Provide your social security number (U.S. residents only)
Uphold’s verification process can take up to 24 hours. You don't have to verify your identity until you withdraw or send funds to other people. You can tell if you’re a verified user by looking at the dashboard: you'll see a green check mark next to your profile in the upper right-hand corner. If it’s there, you’re verified.
To verify your Gemini account, follow the steps below:
- Go to Gemini.com
- Log into your account (or create one if you haven’t already)
- Go to the
Verify your identityand follow the instructions
You will be required to provide some documentation. Gemini's verification process can take between 2-5 business days. Once the verification process is completed, full trading and transfer capabilities will be enabled for your account.