Below is a list of commonly asked questions related to the Brave ads platform.
There are some key differences between Brave Ads and traditional digital advertising:
- Brave Ads are opt-in and private. Traditional advertising requires information about you, your behavior, pages you’re browsing and location to be collected by advertisers and other vendors in order for ads to be targeted effectively. In contrast, Brave Ads are matched to you directly on-device, meaning your personal information never leaves your browser.
- People that opt-in to Brave Ads receive tokens for viewing ads.The tokens received account for up to 70% of the revenue share. BAT awarded can be claimed monthly directly into your Brave Rewards wallet.
- Users opt-in to Brave Ads, receive tokens as the view ads, and use those tokens to reward publishers and content creators. Users end up with a new way to enjoy a free Internet that doesn’t require them to surrender their privacy.
Brave uses anonymous-but-accountable ad confirmation events to report campaign performance and delivery for advertisers. Additional information about the ad confirmation protocol is available on Github. Reporting for Brave Ads accounts for ad events, without tracking people
Brave is introducing a new way of delivering ads.
In traditional advertising, when a user navigates to a web page, a series of calls are made to an ad server that include information about you and your behavior. This, and other data, is shared with third parties that profile users and use that data to target you with ads. Brave’s approach is very different. Instead of having the user’s data leak from the device to the cloud, Brave’s ad server sends an Ads Catalog to all Brave Rewards users that includes a list of all available ads.
The browser uses local machine learning to determine the best time and opportunity to present an ad, and matches an ad from the catalog based on the content and intent of the user. Ads are matched locally to the most complete and direct data set, your browsing profile You end up with ads that are actually relevant to your experience.
Users are rewarded for viewing ad notifications as they appear in Brave. Users are not rewarded for clicking on ads.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, note that you can always turn off Brave Ads can be at any time.
There are several ways we prevent harmful ads from ever being served on the platform:
- Third party ads require data collection in order to function as expected. Brave blocks third party ads and trackers, including ad exchanges and networks that commonly deliver malware and malvertising.
- The same Brave shields that protect users as they browse the web are active in ad tabs. Advertisers are required to go through an approval process before they are able to setup campaigns with Brave
- Individual ads are also approved by real people before they are deployed from the ad server.
On or before the 5th of the month, you will receive an alert in your Brave Rewards panel that your BAT for viewing ads in the previous month are ready to be claimed. Claim these just as you would user grants.
In the initial Brave Ads release, users receive BAT for viewing the ad notifications. In future releases, users will be able to earn additional rewards for engagement events within the ad tabs. Brave does not reward users for clicking on the notifications. Brave’s position is that users should only click on ads that they have a genuine interest in engaging with.
Soon, you will be able to use your BAT in partnership with Tap, for rewards including gift cards (Amazon, Uber, Apple, etc.), restaurant certificates, hotel discounts and more. We also encourage users to use the tokens earned to support their favorite online content creators.
Currently Brave Ads is only available in the US, Canada, UK, Germany and France. Brave Ads will roll out to other regions, including Latin America, later in the year. Also realize that even in countries where Brave Ads is available, the number of ads seen can vary according to specific demand.
Once claimed, those tokens are yours to use for whatever purpose you see fit.
We are very pleased that so many of our partner companies in the crypto space were eager to be part of our early trials. As time goes on, you will see more and more ads from a wide variety of different advertisers.
Still have questions?
If you would like to request further assistance, get more information or this article didn't address your issue, please reach out to us on our Brave Community website.