Although there is no fixed schedule, new token grants typically become available on a monthly basis. Users may claim token grants once every 30 days on a first-come-first-served basis. A notification will appear on the Rewards icon when a grant is available.
Your account may be suspended and placed under review if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Service for Creators. This includes suspensions due to suspicious contribution or referral activity.
Suspicious activity includes irregular contribution/referral patterns indicative of an attempt at fraud or manipulation. If you believe there has been a mistake, please contact us as soon as possible at the support email listed in your account review notice.
There are several reasons why you may not have received your tokens in Uphold on the 8th of the month:
- You may not have completed Uphold verification before the 1st of the month. If this is the case, please make sure to verify your account with Uphold as soon as possible to receive your payout on the 8th of next month. (You will only need to verify with Uphold once.)
- Brave’s Creator “BAT payout report” is generated on the 1st of each month. Therefore, any BAT a Creator receives after the 1st (e.g., in the form of tips or referral confirmations) will be carried over to the next payout date.
- Your account was suspended or placed on hold pending further correspondence with the Creator Support team. If your account was placed on hold, the Creator Support team will reach out to you. If your account was suspended, you will receive an Account Review notice upon logging in.
Payouts (i.e. deposits into your linked Uphold account) are for any BAT you receive between the 1st of the previous month to the 1st of the current month. For example, a June 8th payout will contain BAT received between May 1st and June 1st. Any BAT received after June 1st will be paid out in the following month.
Confirmations signify “minimal” usage of the browser over the course of 30 days. For instance, if a person you referred uses the browser for two weeks but then uninstalls it or never uses it again, then that referral may never become a confirmation.
After you verify your channel and opt-in to the referral promotion, you will see three metrics being tracked on the dashboard.
- Downloads - Increments if a user you referred downloads the Brave Browser using your referral code.
- Installs - Increments when a user opens the Brave Browser for the first time.
- Confirmations - Increments after minimal usage of the Brave Browser over a 30 day period. Please note that the $5 BAT rewards are only given out for confirmations.
In order to claim referral payouts as fiat currency, you will need to link a verified Uphold account. These payouts will occur on the marked payout date listed underneath your BAT balance on the Rewards dashboard.
This can occur when a user sends a tip but closes their browser too quickly, halting the tipping process before it can complete. After a period of time, the remaining undelivered portion of the tip should be returned to the sender's wallet and be reflected in the wallet balance accordingly. Given our privacy protocol for tips, there is not much we can do at the moment apart from wait and see.
Read this article to reset your 2FA. Note that there is a wait period between resets.
At the moment, you can verify any top-level domain name, YouTube channel, Twitch channel or Wordpress blog with Brave Rewards. We are actively working on supporting more platforms with Brave Rewards.