Shields protects your privacy as your browse by making you harder to track from site to site. Many sites include all kinds of trackers which can follow you across the Web. Shields blocks this type of content, keeping you safe and even increasing your browsing speed.
Out of the box, Shields protects you by:
- Blocking most ads and the trackers that come with them
- Throwing away cookies other than the ones from the sites you actually visit
- Making your browser harder to recognize and follow without cookies
- Upgrading you to secure connections whenever sites support them
- Blocking malicious code and malicious sites — like ones which try to use your computer to mine cryptocurrencies.
Still have questions?
If you would like to request further assistance, get more information or this article didn't address your issue, please reach out to us on our Brave Community website.