Resetting your Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
If you have lost your 2nd factor authentication, you may choose to use the Two-Factor Removal feature on the Brave Creators web app. To do this:
- Attempt to log into your creators account as you normally would.
- Accept the login link sent to your creators email and you will be brought to the 2FA page.
- Click the link pertaining to
Lost 2FA-- you will be redirected to a form.
- Enter your Brave Creators account e-mail to request a 2fa removal; a request e-mail will be sent which you may then accept.
Please note that for your security, the 2FA removal process will require a 14-day waiting period. Additionally, once your 2-factor authentication is removed:
- The account channels will need to be re-verified.
- The account wallet will need to be re-added.
- There will be a 30 day waiting period on payments.
If you wish to cancel your 2FA removal request within the first 14 days, you may enter your e-mail into the same form used to register. A cancellation request will be sent to your e-mail address.
Re-verifying your channels under a new account
You may also transfer your channels to a new Rewards account if you're unable to login to your current account. To Create a new account:
- Under a new email address, at creators.brave.com
- Verify your old channels via the Creator's dashboard. You can view a tutorial on channel verification here.
- Once your channels are verified on your new account, they will transfer from your old account to your new account within 10 days. You will get a confirmation email that also allows you to cancel the channel transfer if it was done in error.
Note: Your BAT Creator balance (as well as referral statistics, etc.) will transfer to your new account. No BAT will be lost due to channel transfers.
Still have questions?
If you would like to request further assistance, get more information or this article didn't address your issue, please reach out to us on our Brave Community website.