How do I import or export browsing data? Follow
There are two ways to import Bookmarks into Brave from a separate browser. Bookmarks can also be exported as an HTML file for use in separate browsers.
How do I import from another browser?
- Launch Brave and open the Main menu
Bookmarks --> Import Bookmarks and Settings
- Select from the list of detected browsers you want to
- Check the desired settings to import and click
How do I import data from a previous Brave profile?
If you'd like to import data from a Brave (Muon) profile, select the
Brave(old) from the dropdown menu of detected browsers. You will have additional options available for importing Brave Payments data and open windows/tabs.
Why didn't my Safari data import?
As of macOS Mojave update 10.14.4, in order to import browser data from Safari, you must give Brave full disk access permissions from your device System settings. Apple implemented this security measure to limit apps from accessing data from system apps.
To grant Brave full disk access:
- On your macOS device, open
Navigate to Privacy --> Full Disk Access
- Click the lock icon to make changes and enter your system password
- Once authenticated, click
Applications --> Brave Browser, then click
You should now see Brave displayed in the list of Applications with full disk access. From here, you can now use the steps in the section above to import Safari data into Brave.
How do I export bookmarks from Brave as an HTML file?
- Launch Brave and open the Main menu:
Bookmarks --> Bookmarks Manager
- Open the More options menu at the top right
Exportand choose where you want to store the exported file.