How do I use the built-in password manager? Follow
When you enter new login information on a website, Brave may ask if you want to save that login for the next time you visit that site.
In the pop-up window you can:
- Edit the username and password for the site. By default, these values will be pre-filled with the login data initially entered.
- Click the “Show” icon to see the password field:
Saveto save the login information or
Neverto signal Brave to stop asking you to save login information for this site.
Once your information is saved you can have Brave fill the login forms on that site automatically and sign you in. Simply click in the Username field on the site and select the appropriate Username for the site you’re on.
Manage Your Saved Passwords
To view, edit, add or delete previously saved passwords in Brave:
- Launch Brave
- Open the Main Menu in the the top right.
Settings --> Additional Settings --> Auto-fill --> Passwords
From here you can see two toggle options at the top and a list of all your saved login information by site underneath:
- Offer to Save Passwords - Toggle this option On/Off to stop Brave from prompting you to save your password for all sites.
- Auto Sign-in - Toggle this option On/Off to stop Brave from automatically signing you into websites that have previously saved login information.
- Saved Passwords - In your list of saved passwords click
to view the details of the selected login information or remove it from the list.
If you’d like to save your passwords to be imported in another browser or device, click the icon sitting just above the Saved Passwords list and select Export.