Extensions are programs that live and run directly on the browser. They do not require installation on your computer and do not require a system restart the way traditional programs often do.
Brave offers support for nearly all extensions that are compatible with chromium.
To install an extension from the Chrome Web Store:
- Browse the store and find your desired extension.
- Once found, click Add to Chrome on top-right of the page.
- A notification will appear in the middle of your screen, detailing what data and permissions you are granting the extension access to by installing it.
Note: Make sure you read these messages carefully. It is up to you to make responsible decisions when installing 3rd party extensions with respect to your data.
You can enable, disable, remove and view additional details/options for your installed extensions in the extensions window:
- Launch Brave and open the Menu on the top-right:
- Select More Tools → Extensions
This will bring you to the Extensions window:
- Enable/Disable the extension using the toggle on the bottom left
- Click Remove to uninstall the extension from Brave
- Click Details to see additional information about the extension. Some extensions may have additional settings in their Details section.
Still have questions?
If you would like to request further assistance, get more information or this article didn't address your issue, please reach out to us on our Brave Community website.