By resetting your Brave Rewards profile, you will delete all the Brave Rewards data on your device, and will start again as though you are enabling Brave Rewards for the first time. Data that'll be reset include things like:
- Your Tips history
- Your Monthly Tips list and history
- Your Auto-Contribute history
- Your 30-day ads viewed history
- Your Ads received this month counter
- Your Rewards country
- Any other settings, preferences, or toggles you may have set to customize your Brave Rewards experience (such as your ad frequency settings, which in-page tipping buttons are visible, etc.).
- See below about BAT balances and estimated earnings.
⚠️ Will I lose my BAT balance or upcoming earnings by resetting?
This depends on whether you're an unverified user or verified user.
Unverified users (no custodial account connected)
- ❌ BAT balances will be lost. If you're an unverified user without a custodial account connected to your Brave Rewards profile, your current balance will be lost if you reset.
- ❌ Estimated earnings for the month will be lost. If you're an unverified user, your estimated earnings will effectively be lost, as unverified users need to claim their earnings each month by pressing a button and completing a CAPTCHA puzzle, and you won't be able to do this if you're on a different Rewards profile. That is, your new Rewards profile will not receive the earnings claim button or CAPTCHA sent to your old Rewards profile.
Verified users (custodial account connected)
- ✅ BAT balances are saved. If you're a verified user, your BAT is stored inside your Uphold, Gemini, or bitFlyer account. Therefore, resetting your Brave Rewards profile will not affect your BAT balance. Once you reset, you can always connect the same Uphold, Gemini, or bitFlyer account to your new profile, and you will see your BAT balance reappear.
- ✅ Estimated earnings will be paid. Even if you reset, your estimated earnings from your previous profile up until that point should be deposited into your custodial account in the next payout period.
- Before your reset Brave Rewards, you can always go into brave://rewards-internals and copy down the information in the "General info" tab. This may help Brave Support assist you, as it will allow Brave Support to reference your previous Brave Rewards profile.
- Many issues can be resolved without resetting your Brave Rewards profile. If you're not sure, please ask on our official Brave Community support forum.